FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 17 Jan 2018 15:15

CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

What size, make, design, pressure? Who can stretch tyres? Tuck, rake, poke. Coilovers, roll (sway) bars, strut braces (tie bars), air-ride, hydraulics, camber plates/spherical bearings?

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby loxx101 » 29 Mar 2010 23:42

I'm struggling to see how this is a good thing really.

Correct me if I am wrong but surely the bolt heads Then don't sit flat on the stub axle? Is it really a good idea to be putting extra strain on one side of the heads all the time?

Personally I was planning to make some plates up that not only camber the wheels but space them out a bit as well. I could also then shift the wheel back a little bit in the arch to make it sit perfectly square.

Of course then I'd be drilling the holes perfectly on a mill to ensure the camber is set precisely. This way the bolt heads would sit flat on the spacer meaning there is FAR less strain... No?
loxx101

Postby frostydub » 28 May 2010 10:56

Dub_Section wrote:there a guide anywhere to fitting MK4 ones ?

whut he said
frostydub

Postby r.grimes » 23 Aug 2010 15:31

what degree would ye recommend for a mk2 golf as in toe/camber ratio?
r.grimes

Postby Gerbi » 26 Aug 2010 11:47

Hi everyone. I have a queston. How can I order one pair of this shims in Europe (Croatia)? Ebay shows nothing. I need it for VW, Golf MK1;
I <3 polished aluminium :)
Gerbi

Postby Gerbi » 05 Oct 2010 20:48

Gerbi wrote:Hi everyone. I have a queston. How can I order one pair of this shims in Europe (Croatia)? Ebay shows nothing. I need it for VW, Golf MK1;

Anyone??? :( :( :(

It would really help me :angel:
I <3 polished aluminium :)
Gerbi

Postby FER86GTI » 06 Jan 2011 08:57

Gerbi wrote:
Gerbi wrote:Hi everyone. I have a queston. How can I order one pair of this shims in Europe (Croatia)? Ebay shows nothing. I need it for VW, Golf MK1;

Anyone??? :( :( :(

It would really help me :angel:

try looking here or calling them and asking them

http://banchwerks.com/mainpage.html

iv heard people getting them from here too.
http://www.srsvw.com/
http://www.bildon.com/
1986 VW Jetta "The Whore"
FER86GTI
Hubcap

Postby badboy_marco » 18 Jan 2011 20:45

also wanting to put some of these in my corsa, just one doesn't do much noticeably so was wanting to put 2 in each side, the site says its ok to do so. but wouldn't i need longer bolts for safety? n how would i get longer bolts?
badboy_marco

Postby FER86GTI » 02 Feb 2011 07:19

if you need some more room for 2 shims get longer bolts.

idk about your area but around here theres hardware stores that sell bolts and nuts.

i mean im sure you could find bolts on the internet.

http://www.boltdepot.com/Catalog.aspx?w ... ordsSearch

also if you get new bolts and nuts i would get locking nuts, they have rubber inside the nut at the end so they wont vibrate loose.
1986 VW Jetta "The Whore"
FER86GTI
Hubcap

Postby tim_gti » 18 Apr 2011 21:51

Churning this thread back up!

I'm looking to provide some positive camber to the front of my Polo GTi. Basically the front it's so low it can't be straightened up through normal methods, and as a results I'm running negative camber and eating tyres like there's no tomorrow.

My solution was to get some camber shims, and reverse they're normal function, to provide some positive camber to the front. I'm not 100% on how they work still (I can work that out with a little more research), but I'm wondering if they can even do this? And if so, will they fit my car? Most are marketed as rear camber shims, and I don't know whether this is relevant or not?

I'm looking at the ones at the bottom of this page (the same ones referred to all over this thread)
tim_gti

Postby pota_quicksilver » 10 May 2011 15:19

im understanding installing the shims on disks.. but my rear has drums, would this be same process or completly different
any help would be apriciated :worship:
pota_quicksilver
Über WWhore

Postby Cheets » 12 Dec 2011 16:12

Hi guys,

I know this is a old Topic but i need to fit camber shims to my MK3 TDI to get the tyres to stop rubbing. My question is can i use the maximum camber offered by the shims (1.5degrees) without my tyre rubbing on my shock. Ive only got one shot at this due to funding. What do you guys think?

Cheers

Adam
Cheets

Previous

Return to TYRES/CHASSIS/CAMBER