FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 17 Jan 2018 15:14



CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

What size, make, design, pressure? Who can stretch tyres? Tuck, rake, poke. Coilovers, roll (sway) bars, strut braces (tie bars), air-ride, hydraulics, camber plates/spherical bearings?

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Postby Dub_Section » 30 Jun 2008 15:23

Stanton wrote:yahuh! there a different shim but we stock them for pretty much everything 8) 8)


Awesome, how much, can ya pm details or do you work for the company in that link ?
www.wheel-power.co.uk
01803 293139
Email: wheelpowerdevon@aol.com

also find us networking on
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wheelpowershop
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WheelPowerDevon
Instagram: wheelpowerdevon
User avatar
Dub_Section
Über WWhore
 
Posts: 16777137
Joined: 12 Apr 2008 11:11
Location: Torquay, Devon

Postby STEALTH K3 » 05 Aug 2008 18:14

OMG just read the guide is that meant to be easy to being a philistien why is it the wrong way to use washers :oops: :oops:
STEALTH K3
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 30 Apr 2007 09:01

shims

Postby Nikyboi » 05 Sep 2008 13:03

Do you need a pair for either side or what?
Nikyboi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 May 2008 11:25

Postby oldskoolmk2 » 05 Sep 2008 14:14

STEALTH K3 wrote:OMG just read the guide is that meant to be easy to being a philistien why is it the wrong way to use washers :oops: :oops:


Its kind of a displacement thing. Using washers would mean there are three small contact points between drum and the beam plate [the two lower washers and the top edge where the two meet]

Using a shim means there is only one contact, as the shim is a solid plate/wedge. This basically means that the loads and stresses are evenly displaced and less likely to shift about under load.
Image
social secretary
flickr me
User avatar
oldskoolmk2
Über WWhore
 
Posts: 5530
Joined: 30 Apr 2007 10:05
Location: london

Postby Jarno6N » 25 Sep 2008 11:35

Kind of a sh*tty reply as a first post, but as a total n00b on camber-shims I'm dying to know if it's safe? Overhere in Holland I've never heard of anybody rolling around on these shims :shock:

But my VDub is dying for some camber, so really hoping if anybody can tell me it's save to mount these on the rear-axle, or anybody already had bad (or good) experiences with these?

Cheers! Jarno
Jarno6N
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Sep 2008 11:32
Location: Holland

Postby Jarno6N » 30 Sep 2008 12:26

Jarno6N wrote:Kind of a sh*tty reply as a first post, but as a total n00b on camber-shims I'm dying to know if it's safe? Overhere in Holland I've never heard of anybody rolling around on these shims :shock:

But my VDub is dying for some camber, so really hoping if anybody can tell me it's save to mount these on the rear-axle, or anybody already had bad (or good) experiences with these?

Cheers! Jarno


Nobody? :(
Jarno6N
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Sep 2008 11:32
Location: Holland

Postby Rupie » 16 Dec 2008 22:25

Jarno6N wrote:
Jarno6N wrote:Kind of a sh*tty reply as a first post, but as a total n00b on camber-shims I'm dying to know if it's safe? Overhere in Holland I've never heard of anybody rolling around on these shims :shock:

But my VDub is dying for some camber, so really hoping if anybody can tell me it's save to mount these on the rear-axle, or anybody already had bad (or good) experiences with these?

Cheers! Jarno


Nobody? :(



I dont have any, but i know plenty of people who do... and judging that regal sell 'em.. and alot of peopel run em... id guess they are perfectly safe.. expect to go thru tyres alot quicker, dependent on how crazy the camber is.The inside of the tyre will wear faster as it has more pressure on it.. i guess you could flip your tyres every few thousand miles to keep the wear even(ish) hope some of that helps!
Image
User avatar
Rupie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Dec 2008 21:12
Location: York

Postby jerkob » 02 Jan 2009 09:37

I would love to see the set up of just using washer. such as putting them on and all the steps if anyone knows of a diy or pictures. this guy just ran washers

Image
4 doors for more whores
jerkob
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 22:26
Location: The North-West

Postby jacko » 18 Jan 2009 13:33

mine hasnt added that much camber and there set to the maximum?
followd this guide and still gayness
any help
User avatar
jacko
Banded Steel
 
Posts: 152
Joined: 21 Jun 2008 19:03
Location: sheffield, UK

Re:

Postby robcouzens » 23 Mar 2009 00:15

Stanton wrote:yahuh! there a different shim but we stock them for pretty much everything 8) 8)


got them for jaguar's?
Image
robcouzens
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 02 Nov 2008 12:28
Location: Surrey

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby Steveboiboi » 28 Aug 2009 18:35

i like the look of the ol camber..... but this may sound like a silly question.. this does really fuck tyres up right? saw some madddd beeetle at south end looked dope but couldnt help but think ouch to the pocket?
Image
Steveboiboi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 May 2009 13:08

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby sharky_70 » 28 Aug 2009 19:23

its not the camber thatll kill them but the toe you get on some cars that does it

see on cars with a solid rear bam and trailing arms, once you lower past a certain point the hub begins to rotate to give more toe in. so if you fit camber shims and dont account for the toe, youll just make it worse. itll also make the car feel like its squirming all over the road
sharky_70
Monoblock
 
Posts: 296
Joined: 06 Jun 2007 11:08

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby e-dizzle » 13 Oct 2009 13:40

I understand how to fit these

I want to make maximum camber like my 66 aircooled vw

How do I stop the toe-in you describe happening?
e-dizzle
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Apr 2008 12:10
Location: west london

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby Dan » 10 Mar 2010 18:50

will it not put loads of stress on the wheel bearings ? and i think venom motorsport sell them now . want to raise the rear of my golf up , space the rear wheels and use camber shims .
Dan
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 02 Oct 2009 20:06

Re: CAMBER shims - now with walkthrough fitting guide

Postby Dub_Section » 11 Mar 2010 09:15

there a guide anywhere to fitting MK4 ones ?
www.wheel-power.co.uk
01803 293139
Email: wheelpowerdevon@aol.com

also find us networking on
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wheelpowershop
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WheelPowerDevon
Instagram: wheelpowerdevon
User avatar
Dub_Section
Über WWhore
 
Posts: 16777137
Joined: 12 Apr 2008 11:11
Location: Torquay, Devon

PreviousNext

Return to TYRES/CHASSIS/CAMBER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests