FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 16 Jan 2018 17:09

Help or guide needed refurbing/splitting BBS LM's

Powder coating, polishing, chroming. How and where to refurb your rims, cleaning tips. Aluminium, steels, magnesium, carbon fibre, trims.

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Help or guide needed refurbing/splitting BBS LM's

Postby oldirtybastard » 27 Jul 2015 10:40

Hello guys and girls

I have never split or rebuilt any split rims before so I want to give it a shot.

So I have some 2 piece 18" BBS LM095 that I would like to rebuild as the dishes have slight clouding on laquer.

I have a few questions and hope you can help.

Question 1: Can I reuse my original bolts or will I need to buy new replacements?
Question 2: What torque setting and order do I need to put bolts back in and if required what sealer do I want to use for best application?
Question 3: If I decide to have the wheel or dishes powder coated will it still fit back together as I know on some 2/3 piece wheels powder coating may not work?

Thanks in advance
Taz
oldirtybastard
Über WWhore

Re: Help or guide needed refurbing/splitting BBS LM's

Postby oldirtybastard » 16 Aug 2015 11:19

Surprised I could not get an answer on a wheel-whores forum.

I found the answer out myself for Q1 and 2 and here it is incase anyone else needs to rebuild same wheels:

1: My bolts are good condition so I can re-use providing I take them out carefully.
2: 24/26 ft/Lds - Using 8mm (front) and 10mm (rear) 12 point sockets. You tighten from the rear when putting back together and work in a star formation, using loctite on bolts. No sealer needed.
3: Unsure on this one as it seems to be a can of worms subject so paint it is .

T
oldirtybastard
Über WWhore

Re: Help or guide needed refurbing/splitting BBS LM's

Postby Gav Dunn » 21 Feb 2016 07:37

Thanks for updating Taz, I'm about to do the same on my 17" lm's
Gav
Gav Dunn

Return to REFURBISHING/TYPES OF FINISH/MATERIALS