FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 16 Jan 2018 11:24

Retro wheels for retro rides

So you’re a wheel freak? Well this is the place to post up your collection.

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Retro wheels for retro rides

Postby Leaky » 26 Mar 2016 10:22

I had a thread on here years ago but its changed a lot since, I come on here and read threads but have not posted in ages so thought I'd update it.

First up I'll start with my van, Its a 1973 Commer Suntor, I have a set of the standard steels for it but I also managed to get hold of so new unused ally cats for an SD1 as they are the same fitment.

There 14 x6j and I think suit the van quite well, van is away having loads of engine work and a 6 speed gear box fitted to it. I have just bought a 2 inch lowering kit for it which should get it sitting real nice.

Next up my 1988 Austin Metro, came with metric wheels and tyres where where awesome so now sat on a set of 4 12 inch metro wellers that have been refubed and powder coated white.

Now we have my minis, The red mini was my first car and has come along way. Currently got 2 sets of wheels refurbed with tyres I can use on it.

The 10x5j ATS classics.

Next up for the red mini are my Momos,

I gotta thank Rimscarnated for doing a great job restoring those momos.
Leaky
Hubcap

Re: Retro wheels for retro rides

Postby Leaky » 26 Mar 2016 10:39

Next up my clubman, sadly rear ended and no waiting for me to restore it.

First set of wheels are some 10x6 ultralights, painted pink for a bit of a joke really,

They are currently in primer waiting for me to choose what colour to do them next haha, But while the cars off the road theres not rush,

The wheels it normally had were 10x6 Motorsport Wellers,

That pretty much for the ones I really used, as like most the people on here i also have loads of other wheels for no other reason then I like them haha, I have weird obsession with 10 inch wheels, not cars other then minis use them but still there are so many usual designs you can get.

First up some boring ones, 10x6 revos in black with a silver flake, did these myself on the cheap, normally a set of wheels I lend to mates or stick on a car if there off to the body shop.

Cooper s steels again another set of wheels that tend to get lent out more then I use myself ha, My dad id restoring a 1962 mini traveller so these may end up on that,

10x5 Cosmics

10x5 Dunlop d1s

10x5 Mambas

10x6 Wellers I have 8 of these, I chuffing love weller wheels

More more slightly unusual wellers 10x6 weller smoothies, these are standard mini steel centres that weller but there own lip/dish on.

10x5 Corba Superslots

10x4.5 Innocenti Mini Rostyles,

Another set of quote rare ones, hoping to get these restored soon 10x5 Millie Miglias

I also have a set of 10x5 slotmags as well but don't have a photo of those at the moment.

Thats its, As show reason starts again and I start going to shows and auto jumble the collection might grow a bit more,

Cheers,
Leaky
Hubcap

Return to WHORES HOARDS