FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 23 Jan 2018 11:51

JERRY LUCAS - NOW ATTEMPTING TO SCAM OTHER MEMBERS!

Follow these rules to reduce risk of being caught out by the many scammers that operate online these days...

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

JERRY LUCAS - NOW ATTEMPTING TO SCAM OTHER MEMBERS!

Postby Mintdubs » 28 Aug 2010 20:47

Hi Folks,

This issue has been raised by several members of late, but to be honest it seems that like most scammers, they are started to pop up everywhere in the hope of catching out as many as possible.

One case in particular is this chappy Adams Moore. He passes himself of as Oceanographer who is at sea and wants your wheels for his son/aunt/monkeys uncle and will pay via paypal and arrange his own courier to collect.

HE WONT BUY YOUR WHEELS - HE WILL STEAL THEM!!!

You will more than likely be paid through a cloned paypal account or a stolen credit card, someone will turn up at your door and take your wheels and the first sign of trouble will be days later when paypal do a chargeback and you are left without money or wheels.

Please try and remember that if it sounds to good to be true it most probably is!

If you get contacted by this or other similar 'story' buyers (by story I mean they always have a reason for having to buy at a distance due to work, illness etc etc) do not reply, put their email in your spam filter.

Trade safe folks!

Cheers,

Noel --

UPDATE 18/4/2012

LOTS OF NEW NAMES ON A REGULAR BASIS, THE LAST ONE BEING KEN FLINT ARE TRYING IT ON WITH MEMBERS. THIS MORNING I RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM JERRY LUCAS - JERRLUCAS48@YAHOO.COM ASKING FOR A 'FINAL PRICE' ON THE 'RULES' I ADVERTISED :crazy: THEY DONT EVEN TRY TO BE CLEVER...PLEASE WATCH OUT FOLKS!
Mintdubs
Site Admin

Re: SPAM POSTS ON THE FORUM - MOBILE PHONE DEALS ETC...

Postby admin » 01 Sep 2010 22:32

Good call,

just to update you, our security for registering has now been stepped up even further to prevent any more of these spammers getting on board. Please still keep an eye out for them though whores and alert one of the admin team if you spot any.

Oh, and keep an eye out for an all new site up and running soon. Forum and Classifieds will remain the same mind, so don't go fretting :thumbup:
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » 20 Mar 2011 23:20

Noel also picked up on another good (well, bad) scam. See below;

BEWARE: SPAM BUYER PM/E-MAILS 2 UR INBOX...
by Mintdubs » 15 Oct 2010 09:55 pm

Hello Folks,

Just a heads up about this as a few other members have been experiencing this of late.

You may get what appears to be a genuine enquiry about your wheels via pm/e-mail, asking for your lowest or bottom price.

Please take care that this isnt a scam message.

They are fairly easy to recognise to be fair - broken use of English and they tend to all ask for the 'bottom price'

Its usually to try and get you hooked into some kind of money scam, western union and the likes.

Delete any of these messages/e-mails immediately - dont reply and dont open any attachments that come with the e-mail. To be 100% sure of nothing harmful, run a system scan afterwards.

If anybody has lost money to these people (or wheels!) get in touch with admin please.

Oh, they also want to deal off the forum, so e-mails only which is another way to spot them.

Genuine buyers/sellers tend to be happy to keep the transaction on the forum and always look for feedback and items they have sold on the Wheel Sanctuary and W-W to ensure you are dealing with a reliable buyer/seller.

As with everything in life - remember to use a little common sense - check things out before parting with money or goods to a person you dont know! get a phone number and address and ideally speak with them to confirm they are physical before sending anything.

We want to ensure the forum is a safe place for you all to transact and we appreciate everyones co-operation in stamping out all scammers.

Cheers,

Noel --
admin
Site Admin

Postby maverick wheels » 05 May 2011 19:32

another scammer has been doing the rounds through the wheel sanctuary today asking for paypal details his/her email is j.smart54@yahoo.com dont reply to it :thumbup: .

Alloy wheel - polishing - painting - powdercoating -supply - spares
http://www.maverickwheels.co.uk
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maverick- ... 3151815616
maverick wheels
Site Admin

Postby fairz » 13 May 2011 00:03

Watch out for a tim.j001@yahoo.com.au
Another scammer
fairz
Über WWhore

Postby Mintdubs » 22 May 2011 19:15

fairz wrote:Watch out for a tim.j001@yahoo.com.au
Another scammer

Thanks for reporting that buddy, please folks ignore these messages when they get sent to you. Their spelling is usually very poor and the messages all have the same kind of generic wording.

Cheers,

Noel --
Mintdubs
Site Admin

Re: SCAM BUYERS - ESPECIALLY ADAMS MOORE - NOT GENUINE BUYER

Postby STI555 » 13 Dec 2011 16:06

Hi Guys

sorry for the bump from the dead but couldn't find another location to post this.

Adams moore is back at it, got an email from him trying to purchase my wheels. I also got another spam email from sarahatks0020@yahoo.com. so watch out guys.
STI555

Postby custom colourworks » 14 Dec 2011 09:05

Not came across this yet but i will be on the lookout from now on hope no1 gets bent over

thanks for this
Craig
custom colourworks

Postby Mintdubs » 18 Dec 2011 20:00

Thanks for the update folks - we depend on our members to keep us uptodate of any potential scammers on the scene...

I have just updated our FaceBook page about these scammers and will add Sarah Adkins to the title for other members to post up their experiences, as this seems to be the name used by the buggers at the minute.

Stay safe people - common sense will keep you on the right track as scammers always overcompensate to try and fool you...a huge giveaway.

Cheers,

Mintdubs --
Mintdubs
Site Admin

Re: SCAM BUYERS - SARAH ATKINS/ADAMS MOORE - NOT GENUINE BUY

Postby panscrapper » 21 Dec 2011 02:05

"sarah Atkins" form sarahatks0026@yahoo.com
Want to buy my wheels for is SOn lol.. so thank's guy's for this thread..

This is look too esay for me.. No question about wheels... just want them.. lol
little research on facebook and don't find them. But find this thread ahah

Fucking rapist
panscrapper

Postby Tej » 21 Dec 2011 21:56

Haha Just had a message from this Sarah, it is rather funny.

Thanks MIntdubs !
Tej

Postby pecs » 23 Dec 2011 15:27

Post it up bud.
YOU CAN SLEEP IN YOUR CAR BUT YOU CAN'T RACE YOUR HOUSE.
pecs
Monoblock

Postby Bullet Lowrider » 28 Dec 2011 12:42

Sarahkts0026 just sent me an email offering to pay via paypal.
Bullet Lowrider

Postby hvr6 » 09 Jan 2012 14:26

I just got this too :evil:

Subject: A message about your ad on Wheel Sanctuary
> From: sarahatks0026@yahoo.com
>
> Hello,
>
> Compliments of the season to you, What is the present condition of this item and your final asking price?? My mode of payment is via PayPal... I'll like to have the response to these question in your earliest convenience.
>
> Sarah.
hvr6

Postby err0r » 10 Jan 2012 08:56

Hello, mates!

I have the same problem with Sarah Atkins. She wrote me about http://www.wheel-whores.com/classifieds ... oduct=7665 these rims. They are a new year gift for her son. We agreed on a price and I gave her my paypal account information. I got some e-mails from PayPal but from a strange address: Service@PayPal.com <onlinepay.palpaymentalert@emailaccount.com> The e-mails say that my money are in my account, but its empty. Sarah wants to send her 350 GBP via Western Union to her pick up agent:
Dennis Armstrong
203 Beley Ave.
Mattydale, NEW YORK. 13243
USA.

But the money are not in my account, so I have to send money from my pocket and I think after that nobody is going to refill my PayPal account or get the wheels.
err0r

Next

Return to SCAMMERS (AVOIDING & REPORTING)