FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 20 Apr 2018 18:36

OCEANOGRAPHERS DONT BUY WHEELS! - ITS A SCAM!

Follow these rules to reduce risk of being caught out by the many scammers that operate online these days...

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Re: OCEANOGRAPHERS DONT BUY WHEELS! - ITS A SCAM!

Postby RegaMaster » 16 Jan 2013 11:42

Hi,

Adam James is still active!

I've just recieved a "Message about your Regamaster Wheels" mail from this scammer.
:shh:

RM
allways wanted regamasters...finally got them and I can't use them...:-/
RegaMaster

Postby Vilius » 18 Jan 2013 16:18

adjames33412@rocketmail.com via wheel-whores.com

FS: 17x8 RARE 2piece BBS Pininfarina

Hello,
Is this wheels still up for sale ??

Regards,
James.

http://www.wheel-whores.com/classifieds ... duct=10928

Well, looks like I've just became part of the 'those who've talked with scammers' family now :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm hoping to have a little fun with him now, like teasing to absolute rage and etc. :mrgreen:
Old is Gold
Vilius

Postby racer » 04 Feb 2013 12:24

Hi,

Thank you for your response...My name is Adam James,I am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my dad and the asking price sounds good to me.I can only pay through PayPal only. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap....

Cheers,
James.

look familiar? just got this email this morning from adjames33412@rocketmail.com thanks for the heads up that its a scam
racer

Postby Lattimer_11 » 19 Feb 2013 11:08

Hello Guys

I got an email from a guy called Danny miles enquiring About my wheels. The email i received seemed to be in a similar format as the ones i have read on this forum. Ill enclose a copy of the email to show you all. Is this a possible Scam?

Email i received By dmiles33412@yahoo.com

Hello,

Thank you for your response...My name is Danny Miles,I am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my brother and the asking price sounds good to me.I can only pay through PayPal only. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap....

Best Regards,
Danny.

Many Thanks guys

Lattimer_11
Lattimer_11

Postby mk120vt » 01 Mar 2013 10:14

Looks like this asshole is trying his luck again - ***Danny miles ***dmiles33412@yahoo.com***
Dont let this twat reel you in!
Have also recieved a few fake paypal emails trying to back all this bullshit up, dont be fooled, report it to paypal and this sites admin.

Good morning Martin,

How was your night ??I just want you to know that the money has already been deducted from my account....

Please get back to me ASAP.

Cheers.
Danny.

I just want you to know that i have made the payment out via PayPal,and you will be to notify about the payment by PayPal... please check your PayPal email address at (****************) for the PayPal payment confirmation email. PayPal said that they would be holding the money i sent because of the excess payments that i made which was the money for pick up of the item,I will need you to proceed and Wire the excess which is £300 to my pick up agent to enable them make a booking for the picked up of the item.Remember that you are going to wire the agent fee to them via Western Union transfer as that is there method of payment.

So please do send the £300 through western union transfer and use remaining £50 as western union charges to send the pick up agent fee out Ok.You can easily Walk to the local post office or any western union outlet around you.After you have sent the money please get back to me asap with the western union details which you will be given by WESTERN UNION after you have sent the money as well as the sender's name and address so i can forward it back to PayPal for your money to be put through or you can email it to PayPal directly,that is alright as well.

Here is my pick up agent's info that you will need to send the money to through Western Union transfer:

Mary Rogerson
SW Lakehurst Dr,
Port Saint Lucie,Florida 34983
USA.

I will need the address where the wheels will be picked up,as my pick up agent will contact you to book a pick up time and date after they have received payment but they will have to book a time that is convenient for you.I will be glad you send the money out to the agent information above and get back to me with the western union details towards smooth and fast accreditation of your funds with (£850 pounds) into your PayPal personal account today.

Cheers,
Danny.

Hi Danny,

If you can send the money through paypal thats great, a transfer is fine because if I send an invoice I'll be stung for the charges.
My paypal email is **************

When I recieve payment I'll update the advert as sold and when you know a date/time for collection I will be able to give you a pick up address.

Many Thanks

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your response...My name is Danny Miles,I am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my son and the price is fine with me.I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Hope to read from you with the requesting payment details asap...

Thank You,
Danny.

Hi Danny,

They are still for sale, what would you like to know?
Feel free to call me on ********.

Thanks

Martin

> 15" 4x100 AMIL 10 spoke deep dish alloys (Rare/Retro) Toyo R888 tyres
>
> I am interested in buying the wheels,kindly get back to me asap...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Danny.
>
> http://www.wheel-whores.com/classifieds ... duct=11390
mk120vt
Über WWhore

Postby skinz180189 » 12 Mar 2013 15:14

I've got him emailing me. Sending him on his way.
Gaz Roberts

skinz180189

Postby antogoof » 13 Apr 2013 09:02

had an email off danny miles this morning, you can straight away tell he a cunt. stupid wording of the message gives him away.

im going to email him how saying unless he brings the money to my door he can suck me.

ill post a screenshot thingy of the message in a bit.
antogoof

Postby samurai » 06 Jul 2013 07:50

just had theses 6th JULY 2013

wheels...
Q#1. How long have you owned them?
Q#2. Why are you selling them?
Q#3. Any more available pictures?
Q#4. How much is the lowest price you would take for them?
Q#5. Do you accept PayPal as a mode of payment?
I'll like to have the response to these questions as soon as possible...
Thank you, Regards
Ethan

Sent: 06 Jul 2013 05:25
To: samurai

Thank you for your response, I am an oceanographer and I am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the wheels as a surprise gift for my son because his birthday is close. He won't know anything about them until they get delivered to him on his birthday. I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please kindly open an account at http://www.paypal.com if you don't have one and get back to me with your PayPal email address and phone number so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for verification and to pick it up.
Thank You, Regards
Ethan Mascarenhasethanmascarenhas
samurai
Über WWhore

Postby MarnixCCA » 31 Jul 2013 20:01

Hi guys,

I am new on this forum. Created an account to see some hardcore wheel p@#n :worship: and sell a set of BBS RS wheels. And I also received a PM from asshole Ethan:

Hello, I just came across your AD and I'll like to know the following questions regarding the wheels...
Q#1. How long have you owned them?
Q#2. Why are you selling them?
Q#3. Any more available pictures?
Q#4. How much is the lowest price you would take for them?
Q#5. Do you accept PayPal as a mode of payment?
I'll like to have the response to these questions as soon as possible...
Thank you, Regards
Ethan Mascarenhas

He uses an account named ethan101. Can he get a ban?

Marnix
Netherlands
MarnixCCA

Postby rarewheels » 01 Oct 2013 20:13

Dear All,

I'm new on this site,but thanks for your posts I did not beleive this e-mail,which I got today!
The message was the following:
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.My name is Adams James, an Oceanographer and currently on the sea due to work.Am buying the wheels for my dad in the states and the asking price is fine with me.My mode of payment is via PayPal. kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address and phone number.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment out, you are going to receive confirmation mail from PayPal. I have a private pick up agent that will come for the pickup of the item from your location.

I will be looking forward to read from you with the details soon....

Cheers,

Adams.

SO, THANK YOU FOR YOUR POSTS! AND BE AWARE NEW USERS !
rarewheels

Postby shwwty » 02 Oct 2013 20:32

I know this is a very old thread... But guess who I just got an email from?

adjames33412@rocketmail.com

!!!! He's still doing the rounds.
shwwty

Postby robertschor » 04 Oct 2013 19:28

Damn, that mofo had me almost too..... Same story even an email from the pickup agent Charlotte cowen. Be warned!
robertschor

Postby Todger182 » 27 Nov 2013 17:59

Username: adjames33412

"Ok.The asking price and conditions sounds good to me.Am from USA.I will like to have your postal code so i can forward it to the shipping company to confirm the cost of shipping before we proceed..James"

Still at it.

Thanks

X

1.2 16v Sei
Todger182

Postby Purple Beast » 14 Dec 2013 09:43

Hi

baned a user with this Mail adress today

adjames33412@rocketmail.com

Sebastian
My Wheels
http://www.wheel-whores.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=17360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Purple Beast
Site Admin

Postby kenneally_mark » 19 Dec 2013 12:01

I got one of these the other day as well.

The email address was from India or something...
kenneally_mark

PreviousNext

Return to SCAMMERS (AVOIDING & REPORTING)