FacebookYouTubeFlickrTwitter

It is currently 26 May 2018 15:37

OCEANOGRAPHERS DONT BUY WHEELS! - ITS A SCAM!

Follow these rules to reduce risk of being caught out by the many scammers that operate online these days...

Moderator: WW Moderating Team

Re: Another scammer - please watch out folks!

Postby tonmawrtiki » 15 Jun 2012 17:27

adjames33412@rocketmail.com

scamer

Hello,Thank you for your response...My name is Adams James,I am a business tycoon and am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the item as a surprise gift for my son and the price is fine with me.I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap...Thank You,Regards,Adams.
tonmawrtiki

Postby tommcc » 27 Jun 2012 11:39

Damn it ! Is it dodgy ? I have just sent a payment request ?
tommcc

Postby chrislane31 » 27 Jun 2012 14:34

I got the same email this morning
PM or email me for New OZ bolt tools for $41 shipped

chrislane31@yahoo.com
chrislane31

Postby dubdad » 04 Jul 2012 21:49

steven larry is another one just tried to get me tonight

stevelar3321@yahoo.com

shouldn't be dodgy so long as you don't give them the wheels

surprised how many of them there is, i was stoked to have some interest on the rial bullets i have been trying to sell but reply's like this just scream scam ...

Thank you for your response...My name is Steven Larry,I am a pilot and am currently out country at the moment. I am buying the wheels as a gift for my daddy and the price is fine with me.I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap...

if they want to collect from you, claim to be in the army, pilots etc (anything un traceable) and don't haggle then you can pretty much be sure its a scam :lol:
dubdad
Split Rim

Postby 88skh » 16 Jul 2012 07:13

thank's boys and girls
this is hot one - few hours ago ....
i search on google the email adress and i found this toppic

Re: A message about your ad on Wheel SanctuaryMonday, July 16, 2012 4:44 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Adams James" <adjames33412@rocketmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "George Ionescu" <ionescu_2003@yahoo.com>Hello,
Thank you for your response...My name is Adams James,I am an oceanographer and am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the wheels as gift for my dad and the price is fine with me.I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap....

Thank You,
Regards,Adams.

bla bla bla
88skh
Über WWhore

Postby eefy » 10 Sep 2012 09:42

Morning All,

I've had the same e-mail about my wheels concerining being a oceonogragper, this time the name was Sarah Adams-

First e-mail all seemed fine-

Ronal R15 15" alloys 4x100 et 25

Hello Seller,
Is this wheels still up for sale? If yes,kindly get back to me with your final asking price.
Cheers,Sarah.
So i replied with my lowest price, and got the following e-mail-

Hello,
Thank you for your response...My name is Sarah Adams,I am an oceanographer and am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my husband and the asking price sound good to me.I can only pay through PayPal only. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Hope to read from you with the requested payment details asap....

Cheers,
Sarah.

All seemed abit iffy, so glad i checked on here first, think I'll call their bluff by trying for cash only on collection and see if i get a response lol
eefy

Postby chris_black » 21 Sep 2012 10:07

possibly another one:

beckmit4224@rediffmail.com
chris_black

Postby YickerGti » 29 Sep 2012 16:58

chris_black wrote:possibly another one:

beckmit4224@rediffmail.com

I have also had this 1 today aswell reading:

"Hi, Is this wheels still up for sale? If yes,kindly get back to me with your final asking price.
Cheers,Becky."
YickerGti
Über WWhore

Postby big_vw_ash » 04 Nov 2012 20:18

im guessing this is the same person trying it on with alot of people. I've had a so called Gena Mills trying to buy mine with the same trick but im not falling for it. theres one simple rule everyone should know and its that paypal do not do any business with the western union FACT! and always check you're actual paypal account as you will notified in there if you need to take any actions.

such a shame there is scum on here like that. just be careful guys n gals
big_vw_ash

Postby Vilius » 07 Nov 2012 18:35

Looks like almost all of those letters have one thing in common - they're buying wheels FOR SOMEONE as a GIFT :lol:
Jeez, there's a lot of "santa clauses" in wheel market :lol: :mrgreen:
Old is Gold
Vilius

Postby CB1 » 28 Nov 2012 10:00

Just to let you all know, I got an email about the wheels I am selling from adjames33412@rocketmail.com. Presume if he's the scammer it's best to let you know he's still going about...

..I'm a total newb, what is this scam you are talking about?
CB1
Über WWhore

Postby Rjuhar » 13 Dec 2012 21:32

Damn, got me also... adjames33412 is still alive and kickin'. Damn b.stard...
Rjuhar

Postby BennyEGG » 13 Dec 2012 23:29

Yea guys! I had the same email message from adjames33412@rocketmail.com

Hi,
Thank you for your response...My name is Adams James,I am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my twins brother and the asking price sounds good to me.I can only pay through PayPal only. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Regards,
James.

Wankers.
BennyEGG

Postby BennyEGG » 16 Dec 2012 23:29

SSR Mk1 Old Skool Wheels & Tyres
More of this shit.

Sent: 16 December 2012 15:18:46

Hello, I just came across your AD and I'll like to know the following questions regarding the wheels...

Q#1. How long have you owned them?

Q#2. Why are you selling them?

Q#3. How much is the lowest price you would take for them?

Q#4. Do you accept PayPal as a mode of payment?

I'll like to have the response to these questions as soon as possible...

Thank you, Regards

Trenton Harper

Thank you for your response, I am an oceanographer and I am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the wheels as a surprise gift for my son because his birthday is close. He won't know anything about it until it gets delivered to him on his birthday. I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal email address so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for verification and to pick it up.
Thank You, Regards
Trenton Harper
BennyEGG

Re: OCEANOGRAPHERS DONT BUY WHEELS! - ITS A SCAM!

Postby charlie.c » 20 Dec 2012 13:03

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your response...My name is Adam James,I am currently out of town at the moment. I am buying the wheels for my father as Xmas gift, i want it to be deliver to him before Xmas and the asking price sounds good to me.I can only pay through PayPal only. So kindly get back to me with your PayPal invoice or PayPal email address,phone number and your name.... so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for pick up of the item from your location.

Cheers,
James.

Just got that through,seems this guy wants alot of wheels lol
charlie.c

PreviousNext

Return to SCAMMERS (AVOIDING & REPORTING)